After the success of Cabaret, XS Latin B were looking to build and progress with a faster and more challenging routine. The Blues Brothers had been mooted as a theme for XS A on several occasions but had never come to fruition as a routine. However, with lots of energy and a wonderful catalogue of popular music, it seemed a perfect second theme for XS B.
The routine opened and finished with the Blues Brothers’ standard Everybody Needs Somebody and travelled through many soul classics including Think, Soul Man and Flip, Flop and Fly. The women were dressed in blue heavily-sequinned dresses, whilst the men wore black jackets, white shirts and black ties to create the look of the 1980 film, which starred Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi.
XS Latin B was very proud to debut The Blues Brothers at its first ever WDSF Championship, the European Championships held in Vilnius on May 18th 2013.
The Blues Brothers was performed at:
- The 2013 WDSF European Latin Formation Championships, Vilnius
- The 2013 British Open Latin Formation Championship, Blackpool
- The 2013 UK Formation Championship, Greenford, London
- The 2013 British National Formation Championship, Blackpool
- The 2014 British Open Championships, Blackpool
- The 2014 UK Formation Championships, Stoke-on-Trent
- The 2014 British National Formation Championship, Blackpool
- The 2014 Donaupokal Formation Tournament, Vienna