Taking its inspiration from some of the classic musicals of the 1960s and 1970s, On Broadway aimed to capture the feeling of the Broadway or West End theatre land.
Opening with the Lieber and Stoller track, On Broadway, taken from the film musical All That Jazz, the routine went on to include such standards as Aquarius from Hair, Big Spender from Sweet Charity and Don’t Cry For Me Argentina from Evita. Fosse influences were seen in the opening choreography and the costumes, in bright blue with black fringing, penny-droppers and feathers, were designed to create a show-girl look. The music and costuming for this routine was very much a team affair; several of the dancers can be heard singing or playing on the score and further members of the team were heavily involved in the designing and creation of the costuming!
XS was proud to take On Broadway to perform in its first ever IDSF European Championships in Dusseldorf at the beginning of May 2007. This also made On Broadway the XS routine with the shortest span from concept to first performance – a feat which says much for the hard work of the team members.
On Broadway was performed at:
- The IDSF European Latin Formation Championships 2007, Dusseldorf
- The British Open Latin Formation Championships 2007, Blackpool
- The British National Latin Formation Championships 2007, Blackpool
- The IDSF World Latin Formation Championships 2007, Bremerhaven
- The Donaupokal International Cup 2007, Vienna